Page 1 of 1

Just got my S5 back from the shop - finally shifting like butter again

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2026 6:38 am
by simondavenport
Honestly, I've been dreading this day for months because I knew my 2015 S5's transmission was on its last legs. It started with this really harsh clunk when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd, and then it progressed to the point where I was genuinely scared to overtake on the highway because the gearbox would hesitate for what felt like an eternity before dropping a gear. I took it to two different garages here in Dubai and both gave me the runaround, quoting me crazy prices for work they couldn't even properly explain. I was about to give up and just sell the car at a loss when a colleague at work told me about a place he'd used for his Q5, and I figured I'd give it one last shot. I ended up checking out http://auditransmissionrepair.ae/ and honestly, the difference is night and day. They actually took the time to properly diagnose the mechatronic unit rather than just throwing parts at it, and the whole process from the initial inspection to the test drive afterwards was so much smoother than I expected. The car feels better than it has in years, no more jerky shifts, no more hesitation, and I can actually enjoy the power again without worrying about the gearbox grenading itself. I'm still in that slightly paranoid phase where I'm listening for every little noise, but it's been a few hundred kilometers now and everything feels solid. If you're in the UAE and your Audi is acting up, honestly don't wait as long as I did because I think I made it worse by ignoring those early warning signs. Just wanted to share a positive experience for once since these forums usually only see people posting when things go wrong.